Simple Elegance – Home entertainment is back!
A tailored course for individuals or groups, with a focus on making a lasting impression when you entertain. Simple elegance can be the theme for a backyard barbecue or a starched linen sit down dinner.
We also address proper protocol for the “elegant guest”
Additionally, Académie de l’étiquette can train household staff in the protocol of table settings and serving.
The course can be drawn from the following:
- Art of Introduction
- Body Language secrets
- Standing, sitting and walking power
- The art of Conversation and listening
- Dress and Style advice
- Invitation through card, email or telephone
- Thank you notes
The most important thing for having a party is that the hostess is having fun. I’m very organized. I make a plan for absolutely everything. I never have anything that has to be cooked while the guests are there. The only thing I might have to do is take something out of the oven and carve it.
- Setting a Proper Table appropriate to the Occasion
- Seating of guests
- Use of Napkins
- Use of Utensils, Stemware
- American and European Style Dining
- Passing Food
- Serving Food
- Soup manners
- Dessert Utensils
- Table Talk
- Do’s and Don’ts of Dining
- The Concept of Worry Free menus