What is Business Etiquette and Why is it Important?
Business Etiquette is a system of established rules and expectations of behavior in the business or corporate world, rules that enhance communication, promote a respectful work environment, and promote positive customer relations.
An opinion of you or your company is formed in a matter of seconds. You will be judged by the way you shake hands, by the way you introduce yourself or others, by the way you dress, and how you manage the dining table. And even before that first contact, judgments of you will have been made based on your email etiquette. All of these factors speak volumes about you and your business.
Ultimately, corporate etiquette skills reflect the all-important quality of self-confidence on your part and that of your employees.
AE & Associates offers courses that can be singularly tailored to your needs, drawing from the following popular programs:
Networking for success – A social-skills curriculum focusing on “first impressions”
- The Importance of Body Language
- The “Just Right” Handshake
- A Good Start with “Breaking the Ice”
- Controlling Apprehension
- Remembering Names
- The Art of Introducing Others
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Cards
The Secret of Elegant Dining
- Setting a Proper Table – Yes, a crucial skill in mastering good manners!
- The Role of The Napkin
- The Elegant Way to Eat Soup
- Continental and North American Dining Styles
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Toasting
- Being The Perfect Host
- Ordering as A Guest
- Alcoholic Beverage Rules
- Time to Pay the Bill
- Tipping Protocols
Business Attire for Success
- Dress Code for Men or Women
- General Rules to Know
Business Invitation Etiquette
- Formal Invitations
- Informal Invitations
- Thank You Notes